Monday, April 5, 2010

"Look what the Easter Bunny brought me!"...

"Look baby, the sun woke up, are you ready for Easter?"

"The sun is going to be mad at me." She buries her head into the pillow.

"No, the sun is nice, the sun isn't mad at you. Do you want to see what you got for Easter?

She pops up. "Yay! It's Eestoh."

Downstairs, she stares at her basket which has a pink stuffed bunny in it. She looks at the bunny and asks "Did you got all this stuffs for me?" It just sits there underneath the cello wrap and she looks worried.

"Mommy, he needs out."

Gary takes the Easter Bunny out. She looks at it again. "I said did you got all these stuff for me!?"

I look at Gary who is Jehovah Witness and not interested in holidays in the least bit and wonder what I should do. I've never told her that a holiday figure was real before. But her eyes are wide and worried. I look at Gary and he surprisingly puts his hand on the Bunny's neck and wriggles the head. "Yes, I did. I got all this for you. Just for Azalia."

Her smile is huge, so precious. She hugs the Bunny. And looks at it again. "You are the Eastoh Bunny?" Gary looks at me. I know he doesn't want to say the word. I chime in, "Yep, that's the Easter Bunny!"

"Oh!", she giggles joyfully.

The bunny is quiet again and she is waiting for it to move or say something.

Gary makes it jump and shout "Happy, Happy, Happy". He doesn't want to say the word again. Azalia and say "Happy Easter!"

She grabs a package of candy handing it to the bunny, "Can you open dis Eastoh Bunny?"

"Sure." Gary says in his jolly Easter Bunny voice. He works the bunny's hands so it looks like they take the candy and moves the bunny and candy behind his back. "Just a second." He says again in the Bunny voice.

"Here you go Azalia." Bringing the candy back around.

"Thanks!" She giggles. "Thanks Eastoh Bunny."

Gary couldn't resist. Just to see her smile. He caved. "Happy...Happy---Easter! Azalia."

No comments: