Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Prelude

This is my practice run, my rehearsal, my prelude to a new chapter in my life.

It's a clear day which is ironic considering the messy pace of my thoughts. The windy roads and tall pines are beautiful through the Uintahs. The rounded snow has fallen on the branches like perfect mounds of whipped cream.

The boys are fighting in the back seat and my heart and head are pounding out of sync. Spring Break for them, a sanity break for me. But I'm scared.

In the summer we will do this again, only differece is, they won't be coming back. Why can't we have a peaceful drive before they go?

In the summer, they will punch eachother in the backseat as we drive through the Uintahs again. I will wish that we talked about the trees and how much we love eachother and how our lives will change. I guess we don't always get what we want in life.

No comments: